Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Happy Virus - Hafiz


A few days ago in class we read some poems written by the Persian poet -Hafiz. The poem that I most liked was "The Happy Virus". Even though the poem is just a few lines long, undoubtedly grabbed my attention. Once more Hafiz managed to bring us the beauty of love and life which nowadays have a deep impact in our lives. Through "The Happy Virus", Hafiz transmits  a contagious virus which is meant to be - love. "I caught the happy virus last night, when I was out singing beneath the stars", that is how the poem starts, making us immediately understand the climax of the poem. Like other poems of Hafiz, "The happy Virus" conveys a message too. Although many times people hide their true feelings about love, I believe that there is no escape from love. Once it captures, you have to deal with it...We can notice it from the line where the author says "kiss me" meaning that the love is already presented on that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment