Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Stranger- Part two (Chap. 4-5)

Even though I read “The Stranger” before, it is unbelievable how this novel still grabs my attention. According to me, the last two chapters were the chapters where we get to know the real protagonist of the novel. Behind that face or that person with stoic attitude, we see a man who faces fear, delight and love by trying to explore or trying to know every single person around him.  In addition, we know that in the first part of the novel we could not determine Monsieur’s look. Sometimes even if we see people, we will not be able to tell anything about them; we will not able to know what is inside of their hearts but we can notice it from their faces. Many times I asked myself how does Monsieur look to me but till I read the last part of the novel I had an unclear image about his personality. 
At his trial, there will be many facts such as his inability to show sadness for his mother’s death and also his inability by not feeling guilty for the murder of the Arab.

No comments:

Post a Comment